After a day in the home office I come down to the basement gym.
In 15-20 minutes I can get an awesome workout that develops my relative strength off the charts.
Strength, stability, balance…it’s the full package and a lot of these are George F. Jowett-inspired.
Here we have the:
- Arms overhead side bend – 6-12 reps
- Pull up – 6-12 reps
- Standing dumbbell press – 9-18 reps
- *Curl – I missed this in the video – 9-18 reps
- Squat with overhead press – 9-18 reps
- Explosive alternating overhead press – 6-18 reps
- Swing/Snatch – treat as a finisher, huffing and puffing
- Leg raise 12-24 reps
All these exercises are done with full concentration and lighter weights.
A reminder that the Mighty Atom himself didn’t have dumbbells over 25 lbs. But that dude’s strength was outlandish.
Food for thought.
You can do this 3 times per week. Do some push ups and some rows to balance things out, if desired.
1 to 2 sets each of the above exercises would be sufficient.
Sign up for the newsletter: when you sign up you’ll get another awesome basic strength workout: https://mailchi.mp/6f9bfa04b9fc/basic-strength
And check out the video: